Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hard lotion bars, lip balm and more!

I'm back! As I mentioned before, I am so excited to be selling my hard lotion bars now! I am also going to start selling a variation of the lotion bar as a.... lip balm! It is made from the same ingredients, but with less beeswax so that it is softer and easier to apply to the lips. It works just as good as the lotion on the hands, and it is great for this dry Colorado weather! I am taking some pre-orders for the lip balms, but I won't have them for a couple weeks yet because I am still trying to find the best place to order tubes from (but it is looking like the lip balms will cost about $2 each).

Looking ahead, I have some other recipes for these hard lotion bars that I will be selling closer to summer time. One will be a harder bar (more beeswax) so that it won't melt as easily in the hot summer temps. The second one will have some added Zinc Oxide (non-nano particles) for use as a moisturizing sunscreen bar! The third one will have Citronella EO (EO = essential oil), Cedarwood EO and Lavender EO in it for use as a bug repellent bar! I am so excited for these! I have't yet tried them myself because I've only just found them, but if they are half as good as the plain lotion bars I think they will be great!

Are you interested in any of the alternative lotion bars? I'd love to hear which one you are most excited about and which of the scents is your favorite!

This isn't about lotion, but I am also going to be making some of my own homemade, all-natural soaps soon! I can't wait! It is quite expensive to start the soap making process (not melt-and-pour soaps, but lye-based soaps), that I've been putting it off for quite a while now in hopes of saving enough money to try it. Well, thanks to the popularity of the lotion bars, I am finally able to buy everything I need to get started! I hope to be ordering the supplies needed this weekend! I will keep you updated on my progress and if all goes well I should have some soap for sale when it is done!

Thank you all so much for your support.... I couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment